Dog Sitter Insurance
Trusted by over 10,000+ Pet-care Professionals
Is PCI's Dog Sitter Insurance for me?
Instant, Affordable Coverage
The Best Insurance for Small Business Pet Professionals
Pet Protection Coverage & Veterinarian Reimbursement
Dog Sitting Business Insurance for Professionals
Accidents Can Cost You
Common Dog Sitter Insurance Questions
What Is Dog Sitting Insurance?
Do I Need Dog Sitting Insurance?
How Much Does Dog Sitter Insurance Cost?
Dog Sitting Insurance Coverage Details
If you’re looking for insurance for your dog sitting business, you’ve come to the right place. Pet Care Insurance provides customized dog sitter insurance through “A” rated carriers.
Limits of Insurance
The most your policy will pay in a 12 month policy period for bodily injury and property damage claims that you become legally obligated to pay due to your business services.
Limit per Incident: $1,000,000
Limit per Year: $2,000,000
The maximum amount your policy will pay in a 12-month period for bodily injury and property damage claims that result from the products you use to perform your services.
The amount that your policy will pay for claims arising out of one or more of the following offenses:
- False arrest, detention or imprisonment
- Malicious prosecution
- Wrongful eviction or wrongful entry
- Oral or written publications that slander or libel a person or organization
- Oral or written publication or material that violates a person’s right of privacy
- The use of another’s advertising idea in your advertisement
Applies to damage by fire to premises rented to the insured; also applies to damage regardless of cause to premises (including contents) occupied by the insured for 7 days or less.
Any One Premises: $100,000
A general liability coverage that reimburses others, without regard to the insured’s liability, for medical or funeral expenses incurred by such persons as a result of bodily injury or death sustained by accident under the conditions specified in the policy.
Any One Person: $5,000
This provides your pet business with coverage in the event that you are legally liable for injuries or damages sustained by an animal in your care, custody, or control.
Limit per Incident: $2,500
Limit per Year: $5,000
Limit per Incident: $1,000
Limit per Year: $2,500
Limit per Incident: $2,000
Limit per Year: $2,000
Is Pet Care Insurance the Best Option?
You lost your client’s key when stopping by for an appointment.
If you lose the keys, Lost Key coverage may help you manage the cost to install new locks or rekey the building.
An animal dies due to your negligence.
Animal Bailee is coverage for injury or damages sustained by an animal in your care.
An animal is injured while you are watching them.
Vet Bill Reimbursement provides coverage for medical expenses up to $1,000 per occurrence.
You're In Good Company With Pet Care
Additional Dog Sitter Insurance Questions
Our insurance for dog sitters provides coverage for the most common claims faced by dog sitters, including:
- Injuries or illnesses to dogs while in your care that require immediate attention (Veterinarian Reimbursement)
- Property damage caused by dogs in your care (General Liability)
- Dog bites and related injuries (Pet Protection/Animal Bailee)
- Lost keys and rekeying costs (Lost Key Liability Coverage)
In addition to these core coverages, we offer optional add-ons such as:
- Equipment & Inventory Coverage (Inland Marine) to protect things like toys, leashes, crates, etc. that may get damaged in transit to your client.
- Broadened Property Coverage to cover damage to a client’s property while you’re dog sitting
- Employee or Independent Contractor Coverage to protect the people who represent your dog sitting business
- Employee Dishonesty Coverage to protect your business from employee theft
- Additional Insureds to protect a landlord if you dog sit at your apartment or house and they want to be protected
- Cyber Liability Insurance to protect your business from customer data breaches
When choosing a dog sitter insurance policy, it’s important to look for a policy that provides comprehensive coverage for your business. Dogs are cute, but sometimes unpredictable. It’s best to look for coverage that offers protection for both your business and the dogs you watch. Some key things to consider include:
- Coverage limits for bodily injury and property damage
- Pet Protection (animal bailee) coverage for injuries or death to dogs in your care
- Veterinarian reimbursement in case an emergency happens under your watch and to need to pay for the dog’s care out of pocket
- Optional add-ons such as employee dishonesty coverage and additional insureds
- The cost of the policy and any deductibles
At Pet Care Insurance, our policies are tailored to meet the unique insurance needs of dog sitters, so you can have confidence that you are getting the coverage you need. We also include Pet Protection and Veterinarian Reimbursement in our base coverage while maintaining the most affordable coverage in the industry. Buy your policy today.