Dog Sitter Insurance
Trusted by over 10,000+ Pet-Care Professionals
Trusted by over 10,000+ Pet-care Professionals
Is PCI's Dog Sitter Insurance for me?
Instant, Affordable Coverage
The Best Insurance for Small Business Pet Professionals
Pet Protection Coverage & Veterinarian Reimbursement
Dog Sitting Business Insurance for Professionals
Are you looking to keep your small business and the dogs you sit protected? Pet Care Insurance has you covered with our insurance for dog sitters, starting at just $229/year.
Our policy is specifically designed to meet the unique needs of dog sitters, so you can rest easy knowing that you and your furry clients are protected. It protects you from common claims like:
– A dog gets attacked and injured under your watch
– While playing, a dog accidentally swallows a tennis ball
– A dog ruins a client’s furniture while under your watch
Meet your unique dog sitting insurance needs for only $229/yr with monthly payment options. Our base policy includes:
– $2,000,000 General Liability Aggregate Limit
– Animal Bailee Coverage (options for increasing limits)
– Veterinarian Expense Reimbursement Coverage
Accidents Can Cost You
But they don’t have to. PCI covers you with Pet Protection Coverage and Veterinarian Reimbursement when pets get injured or sick under your care. We protect you while you focus on the pets. Get covered instantly.
Common Dog Sitter Insurance Questions
What Is Dog Sitting Insurance?
Dog sitting insurance is a type of liability insurance that protects you and your business from claims of bodily injury and property damage. If a dog in your care becomes injured, damages property, or bites someone, you could be held financially responsible. Insurance for dog sitters helps cover these costs, so you don’t have to pay out of pocket.
Do I Need Dog Sitting Insurance?
Yes, as a dog sitter, it’s important to have insurance coverage to protect yourself and your business. Without insurance, you could be held liable for costly claims and legal fees, which could put you in financial trouble. Dog sitters insurance provides peace of mind and protects your business from unexpected events.
For example, if a dog in your care were to escape from your home or yard and cause an accident that results in property damage or personal injury, you could be held responsible for the damages. Or if a dog in your care were to become seriously ill or injured while in your care, you could be held liable for the resulting veterinary bills. In these scenarios, having dog sitting insurance can provide the coverage you need to protect your business and avoid financial losses.
How Much Does Dog Sitter Insurance Cost?
Our insurance for dog sitters starts at just $229/year, making it an affordable option for dog sitters of all sizes. The cost of your policy may vary depending on how you customize your policy based on the following options:
- Equipment & Inventory (Inland Marine) Coverage (+$4.08/month)
- Additional Pet Protection (Animal Bailee) coverage (+$1.99/month)
- Additional Veterinarian Reimbursement coverage (+$3.99/month)
- Broadened Property Damage Coverage (+$2.42/month)
- Employee Dishonesty Coverage (+$4.92/month)
- Additional Insureds (+$0.83/month)
- Employee (+$2.08/month) or Independent Contractor Coverage (+$4.17/month)
- Cyber Liability Insurance (+$6.58/month)
Dog Sitting Insurance Coverage Details
If you’re looking for insurance for your dog sitting business, you’ve come to the right place. Pet Care Insurance provides customized dog sitter insurance through “A” rated carriers.
Limits of Insurance
The most your policy will pay in a 12 month policy period for bodily injury and property damage claims that you become legally obligated to pay due to your business services.
Limit per Incident: $1,000,000
Limit per Year: $2,000,000
The maximum amount your policy will pay in a 12-month period for bodily injury and property damage claims that result from the products you use to perform your services.
The amount that your policy will pay for claims arising out of one or more of the following offenses:
- False arrest, detention or imprisonment
- Malicious prosecution
- Wrongful eviction or wrongful entry
- Oral or written publications that slander or libel a person or organization
- Oral or written publication or material that violates a person’s right of privacy
- The use of another’s advertising idea in your advertisement
The maximum your policy will pay for a bodily injury or property damage claim that you become legally obligated to pay due to your business services.
Applies to damage by fire to premises rented to the insured; also applies to damage regardless of cause to premises (including contents) occupied by the insured for 7 days or less.
Any One Premises: $100,000
A general liability coverage that reimburses others, without regard to the insured’s liability, for medical or funeral expenses incurred by such persons as a result of bodily injury or death sustained by accident under the conditions specified in the policy.
Any One Person: $5,000
This provides your pet business with coverage in the event that you are legally liable for injuries or damages sustained by an animal in your care, custody, or control.
Limit per Incident: $2,500
Limit per Year: $5,000
This provides coverage for medical expenses—regardless of who is at fault—for a client’s pet in your care, custody, or control.
Limit per Incident: $1,000
Limit per Year: $2,500
If you were to lose the keys to a client’s residence, this coverage could help you manage the cost of installing new locks or having the building rekeyed.
Limit per Incident: $2,000
Limit per Year: $2,000
*Please note these are brief definitions of coverage. Your policy may be more restrictive in its language. Refer to the actual policy for a complete description of coverages and exclusions.
Is Pet Care Insurance the Best Option?
Dog sitter liability insurance gives you the financial protection you need in case of an accident. Even if you are as careful as possible, there is always a chance that something can go wrong.
You lost your client’s key when stopping by for an appointment.
If you lose the keys, Lost Key coverage may help you manage the cost to install new locks or rekey the building.
An animal dies due to your negligence.
Animal Bailee is coverage for injury or damages sustained by an animal in your care.
An animal is injured while you are watching them.
Vet Bill Reimbursement provides coverage for medical expenses up to $1,000 per occurrence.
We know there are risks associated with your line of work and have created policies that give you financial safeguards in case something goes wrong.
We are committed to you. With a trusted carrier, a team that has proven experience and leadership in the insurance industry, and customer service representatives that are knowledgeable and friendly.
You're In Good Company With Pet Care
Didn’t have to go on such a big search to look. Exactly what I needed for my business and super quick and easy. Loved that I was able to also get a embed site seal to put on my website to insurance my clients.
I found PCI to be very helpful. They answered my questions and concerns, explaining everything I wanted to know. I'm very happy with their service!
5 star is for ease of purchase. Easy to follow website and pricing.
Insuring my Grooming Business was easy and pain free with Pet Care Insurance. They let me pick the coverage I need, specific to my business, without having to add a bunch of unnecessary coverage.
My husband and I are starting a dog training business and wanted to have an insurance policy in place before we started. The Pet Care Insurance website was very easy to navigate and within minutes, we had a policy in place.
Exactly what I needed for my business. Easy to set up. I was able to select and purchase the specific coverage that I need.
See What Else We Cover
Besides dog sitters, Pet Care Insurance also responds to many other professionals in the pet service industry, some of whom include:
Additional Dog Sitter Insurance Questions
What Does Dog Sitting Insurance Cover?
Our insurance for dog sitters provides coverage for the most common claims faced by dog sitters, including:
- Injuries or illnesses to dogs while in your care that require immediate attention (Veterinarian Reimbursement)
- Property damage caused by dogs in your care (General Liability)
- Dog bites and related injuries (Pet Protection/Animal Bailee)
- Lost keys and rekeying costs (Lost Key Liability Coverage)
In addition to these core coverages, we offer optional add-ons such as:
- Equipment & Inventory Coverage (Inland Marine) to protect things like toys, leashes, crates, etc. that may get damaged in transit to your client.
- Broadened Property Coverage to cover damage to a client’s property while you’re dog sitting
- Employee or Independent Contractor Coverage to protect the people who represent your dog sitting business
- Employee Dishonesty Coverage to protect your business from employee theft
- Additional Insureds to protect a landlord if you dog sit at your apartment or house and they want to be protected
- Cyber Liability Insurance to protect your business from customer data breaches
What Should I Look for in a Dog Sitting Insurance Policy?
When choosing a dog sitter insurance policy, it’s important to look for a policy that provides comprehensive coverage for your business. Dogs are cute, but sometimes unpredictable. It’s best to look for coverage that offers protection for both your business and the dogs you watch. Some key things to consider include:
- Coverage limits for bodily injury and property damage
- Pet Protection (animal bailee) coverage for injuries or death to dogs in your care
- Veterinarian reimbursement in case an emergency happens under your watch and to need to pay for the dog’s care out of pocket
- Optional add-ons such as employee dishonesty coverage and additional insureds
- The cost of the policy and any deductibles
At Pet Care Insurance, our policies are tailored to meet the unique insurance needs of dog sitters, so you can have confidence that you are getting the coverage you need. We also include Pet Protection and Veterinarian Reimbursement in our base coverage while maintaining the most affordable coverage in the industry. Buy your policy today.
Dog Sitting Related Articles
Insurance for Dog Sitters
Dog Sitting is rewarding, but it’s not without risks. Buy a policy today!